Sunday, January 30, 2011

My Dad

Well Thursday My dad went in for spinal Surgery. Him and my mom live back in Florida, where I just moved from 7 months ago. I don't get to talk to them much as I want to or should. My Mom called today to let me know how my dad is. He is still in the hospital. He was in the operation for 8 hours. The surgeon said his disks were cracked and cutting into his nerves, which in turn were cutting the circulation off in his legs, and if he didn't have the surgery he would end up in a wheel chair within less than a year, most likely less than six months.  The surgery itself went o.k we thought, but now he has been having really bad shakes throughout his entire body, much like Parkinson. They are getting way worse by the day. My mom can't seem to get a hold of his doctor or his surgeon to talk to them, to see what is causing this or if he will be o.k.  I'm hoping its just a reaction to maybe on of his meds he is on perhaps and if they change it or the dosage, the reaction will subside. So far we have no clue. I'm worried, and so is my mom.

Your Thoughts and Prayers would be much appreciated by me and my mom. I will let you know more when I know more, to keep you updated.

Thanks,
 Tiff

No comments: